Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lyn's FAVORITE Meatloaf

Lyn's FAVORITE Meatloaf

2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
8 oz can of tomato sauce
3 T soy sauce (I use low sodium/lite soy sauce)
1 T onion powder
1 T dried parsley
ground black pepper to taste
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 whole eggs (you could use Egg Beaters if you want... I used free range eggs)
1/2 c Parmesan cheese (you want the powdery kind, like Kraft in a can, not shreds. This is the binder).
1 piece of raw bacon (trust me. I used Hormel frozen bacon, 40 calories in 1 slice) cut up as fine as you can

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix everything together in a bowl. I use my hands. Mush it all up good.
Put the mixture into a casserole dish. Smooth the top a bit. Bake uncovered for 1 hour 10 minutes. I checked mine in the center with a meat thermometer (160+). Take it out of the oven and CAREFULLY pour off the fat. Do not hurt yourself. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes, then serve.

COURTESY OF http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment